Back to Senior Management Opportunities
Director of Childrens Social Care
Hello and welcome to Cheshire East Council
Thank you for taking the time to consider applying for this very important role. The vacancy has come about by the retirement of the current post holder after 6 years with the Council. You will be joining a relatively new team who have been together for just over two years and we have great ambition for all our children and families. We are a Peoples Directorate which means we work across children, adults, public health, and communities. This gives us the opportunity to really influence and shape our offer locally.
- Cheshire East is the third largest unitary authority in the North West next to Manchester and Liverpool
- Cheshire East has an area of 1,165 km2
- Cheshire East has an electorate of over 301,272
- Cheshire East has a population of 376,700
- Cheshire East has 171,122 dwellings
- Cheshire East has 82 Councillors; representing 52 wards
- Cheshire East has 5 Members of Parliament
I hope you will take the time to consider an application and I look forward to meeting you in the future.
The rehabilitation of offenders act
The provisions of the rehabilitation of offenders act relating to the non-disclosure of spent convictions do not apply to this job, you must, therefore, disclose whether you have any previous convictions where prompted to do so when applying for this job.
If successful, you will also be required to apply for a criminal record check from the disclosure and barring service. The level of check required for this job is enhanced disclosure.
Job Title:Director of Children’s Social Care
Report to:Executive Director of People (DCS)
How to apply for this job
For more information and to apply, contact Dawar Hashmi:
Job description and person specification