Why Join Us?
Cheshire East is an amazing place to live, work, visit and invest and in the 2016 Office for National Statistics Survey it was named the ‘happiest place’ to live in England. More recently, Cheshire was given a huge boost with recognition from Arts Council England and Visit England that the county should be recognised as a true cultural destination, on a par with other major counties and cities including London, Liverpool and Stratford.
- Cheshire East’s schools are some of the best performing in England (ranking based on performance in Ofsted inspections)
- First local authority to supply energy direct to the public since gas and electricity were nationalised in 1948. This Fairerpower scheme has saved residents more than £1m in total since its launch in March 2015
- Cheshire is ‘best place’ in country for starting up a rural business
- A great place to both start and raise a family
- Top 3 in the UK for our low Neets (Not in employment, education or training) figure for youngsters
- One of the fastest rollouts of superfast broadband in the country
- 18,000+ businesses – more per head than even Manchester Council
Jenny Brown, one of our social workers, tells us why they think Cheshire East is an amazing place to work, as well as what their job entails.
Social Work job vacancies in Cheshire East